RepairsIf you have purchased a blind or shade from The Blind Lady please read these directions and then call or email and we will help you repair your shade. We only handle repairs for shades that have been purchased from us.
The Manufacturer's Warranty
Warranties vary and are subject to the manufacturer’s repair cost and shipping to and from your home.
The Five Musts
When you bring a blind in for repair it must be
- stacked tight in the closed position.
- wrapped up in plastic to protect the shade
- leave repair deposit at Gallery
- fill out repair form at the Gallery
- Once the treatment is identified The Blind Lady calls for an RGA (repair number)from the manufacturer
- Client needs to clean blind-make sure no dust or organic materials are on this shade. Wrap it up. I recommend clear plastic kitchen wrap, not the sticky kind or it will leave residue on your window treatment.
- Shipping to the manufacturer. The repair number must be on the outside of the box.
- Client may send in directly to the manufacturer.
- As a Courtesy you may drop off the blind at our Gallery. The Blind Lady shares retail space with Mystical Earth Gallery.
- 220 Main Street, Downtown Menasha
- Telephone: 920-993-1122
- Hours: Tuesday thru Friday 11am to 6pm
- Saturday 10am to 4pm Closed Sunday & Monday
- Please leave a deposit to cover the shipping and/or
repair at Mystical Earth Gallery when you drop the shade off. If the
cost varies depending upon a few factors from the deposit you will be billed the remainder due.
- Have The Blind Lady pick up the treatment. There is a $75 trip charge. Please see below.
- Shipping the repair shade back. Manufacturer generally ships the treatment back to you directly. Or its available for pick up at Mystical Earth Gallery..
Blind Lady Trip & Service Charges
If you would prefer to have The Blind Lady pick up your blind or re-install the blind when it comes back the charge is $75 per each trip.
In the first six months if your window treatment has a warranty issue The Blind Lady will do service call at no charge. After this six-month period there is a trip charge of $75 per trip to come to your home and assess the situation, pick up the blind for manufacturer's repair, repair it at your home (when feasible) or re-install the treatment after it has been repaired.
This trip charge includes the trip over and 1/2 hour of time. Anytime spent beyond this ½ hour is billed in 15 minute segments at $15.00 per segment.
Duette & Applause Honeycomb Shade Removal and Installation