RepairsIf you have purchased a blind or shade from The Blind Lady please read these directions and then call or email and we will help you repair your shade. We only handle repairs for shades that have been purchased from us.
The Manufacturer's Warranty
Warranties vary and are subject to the manufacturer’s repair cost and shipping to and from your home.
The Four Musts
When you bring a blind in for repair it must be
- stacked tight in the closed position.
- wrapped up in plastic to protect the shade
- repair form filled-out and attached(available at drop-off location)
- Once the treatment is identified The Blind Lady calls for an RGA (repair number)from the manufacturer
- Client needs to clean blind-make sure no dust or organic materials are on this shade. Wrap it up. I recommend clear plastic kitchen wrap. Put your name, address and phone on the outside of the wrapped blind.
- Shipping to the manufacturer. The repair number must be on the outside of the box.
- Client may send in directly to the manufacturer.
- As a Courtesy you may drop off the blind at Jane’s husband’s store: Mystical Earth Gallery
- 112 East College Avenue, Downtown Appleton(the old Bee Frank-Bill Paul Limited Building)
- Telephone: 920-993-1122
- Hours: by appointment...we are moving the Gallery to Menasha. Please call Jane at 920-380-8679
- Have The Blind Lady pick up the treatment. There is a $75 trip charge. Please see below.
- Manufacturer generally ships the treatment back to you directly. Or its available for pick up at Mystical Earth Gallery.
- If there is a cost associated with this repair The Blind Lady will bill you for this repair.
Blind Lady Trip & Service Charges
If you would prefer to have The Blind Lady pick up your blind or re install the blind when it comes back the charge is $75 per each trip.
In the first six months if your window treatment has a warranty issue The Blind Lady will do service call at no charge. After this six-month period there is a trip charge of $75 per trip to come to your home and assess the situation, pick up the blind for manufacturer's repair, repair it at your home (when feasible) or re-install the treatment after it has been repaired. This trip charge includes the trip over and 1/2 hour of time. Anytime spent beyond this ½ hour is billed in 15 minute segments at $15.00 per segment.
Duette & Applause Honeycomb Shade Removal and Installation